Table of Contents
About Class 10 Science Chapter 1 - Chemical reactions and equations
Note - To Attempt test scroll down to this page
|QUERIES||ANSWER TO QUERIES|
|DIFFICULTY LEVEL||Easiest chapter of class 10 science syllabus|
|EASIEST TOPIC||Types of chemical reactions|
|HARDEST TOPIC||Learning & writing chemical equations|
|WEIGHTAGE||8 marks as per latest sample paper of CBSE
NOTE - It may vary between 5-8 marks
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS ASKED||4 questions of 1 marks
1 assertion & reason question
1 question of 3 marks
NOTE - This data is as per CBSE latest sample paper of 2023
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS IN EXAM||Approx 4-6 every year|
|IMPORTANCE OF CHAPTER||Will help in writing and understanding chemical reactions used in other chapters.|
|HANDWRITTEN NOTES OF THIS CHAPTER||Class 10 science handwritten notes pdf download|
|IMPORTANT TOPIC FOR EXAM||Decomposition Reaction and its types, Redox Reaction, Double decomposition reaction|
How to revise for chemical reactions and equations mcq online test
- Memorise class 10 science handwritten notes pdf of the chapter carefully.
- Create Flowcharts to remember concepts in a concise manner for revision in less time.
- In Chemistry, practice chemical reactions.
- Thoroughly focus on the lines of NCERT textbook with a subjective approach in understanding fundamentals.
- Practice chapter-wise Solved Examples and back exercises from NCERT texts.
- Solve science sample papers class 10 with solutions in a timed manner.
Chemical reactions and equations Revision Notes
Types of Chemical Reactions
|Combination reaction - A single product is formed from two or more reactants.
|Decomposition reaction - A single reactant breaks down to yield two or more products.
|Displacement reaction - One element is displaced by another element.
||Zn + CuSO4→ ZnSO4 + Cu
|Double displacement reaction - Exchange of ions between reactants.
+NaCl →AgCl +NaNO3
|Redox reaction - Both oxidation and reduction take place simultaneously.
||CuO + H2 → Cu + H2O
|Exothermic reaction: A chemical reaction in which heat energy is evolved.
C + O2 →CO2 (g) + heat
|Endothermic reaction: A chemical reaction in which heat energy is absorbed.
ZnCO3 + Heat →ZnO + CO2
|Redox reaction: Chemical reaction in which both oxidation and reduction take place simultaneously.
||ZnO + C→Zn + CO
Effects of oxidation reactions in our daily life:
- Corrosion (rusting) of iron: Fe2O3. xH2O (Hydrated iron oxide)
- Corrosion of copper: CuCO3.Cu (OH) 2 (Basic copper carbonate)
- Corrosion of silver: Ag2S (Silver sulphide)
- Corrosion of Aluminum: Al2O3 (Aluminum oxide)
- Adding antioxidants to the food materials.
- Storing food in air tight container
- Flushing out air with nitrogen gas.
Chemical reactions and equations TEST
- Your test contains multiple choice questions with only one answer. There are total 30 questions.
- This is a 25 min test. Each question is of 50 second .
- You need to select 1 options out of 4.
- you can't leave the test in between once it is started.
- You can attempt the test unlimited time.
- Each question is of 20 points .
- No Negative Marking.
- You can view your Score after finishing the test.
Fill your Name in 1st box and Roll no. in 2nd box and Click on START THE QUIZ
Example : Name - Acadpills (Your name), Roll no. - 12 (School Roll No./ Any Natural number )
Chemical reaction and equations Test
Please fill the above data!
Name : Apu
Roll : 9
Correct: | Wrong:
Attempt: | Percentage:
Note - Please give you valuable feedback in the comment section below also Comment Your Score in the comment section.
Please consider sharing this post with your friends to help them score well in their upcoming exams. We have also uploaded other Study materials on our website.
- Class 10 maths sample paper 2022-23 with solutions pdf download
- Class 10 Science NCERT Handwritten Notes free PDF download
- Class 10 Science chapter-wise assignments Pdf download
- Class 10 science important questions with answers pdf download
- Class 10 science sample paper 2022-23 pdf with answer download
- Edumantra class 10 science notes pdf download
- Magnet brains class 10 social science notes pdf download
|COMMUNITY NAME||JOIN LINK|
|TELEGRAM CHANNEL - Acadpills||JOIN NOW|
|FACEBOOK PAGE - Acadpills||FOLLOW NOW|
|INSTAGRAM HANDLE - Acadpills||FOLLOW NOW|
|YOUTUBE CHANNEL - Acadpills||SUBSCRIBE NOW|
|TWITTER - Acadpills||FOLLOW NOW|